NFTU has set the following rules in place for commenting.
Rules For Comments:
- Comments are welcomed and open to all regardless of jurisdiction. This is primarily a traditional Orthodox Christian venue in both the comments and the forum.
- Participation in comments must be in accordance with the site guidelines.
- NFTU reserves the right to block and/or delete comments that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory,vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially,ethnically or otherwise objectionable towards Orthodoxy.
- Any comments that violate the guidelines may be removed at any time without warning.
- Users who disregard the rules will be reminded of them and then placed on moderation.
- Continual violation and posting of inappropriate comments will result in having your IP/Username blocked from the commenting system.
- Please stick to the topic in the article you are commenting on.
- If you'd like to begin a new topic which is not an actual response to an article, please don't use the commenting system, instead you are welcome to post it on the Forum. All new posts in the Forum appear on the front page of NFTU News.
- Long comments will be auto filtered into spam. For long comments please join the forum and/or link your new thread within the commenting system.
- Trolling is unacceptable in either the comments or the forums. If you are a recognized poster, you will be banned seven days for a first offense, after which you will be banned permanently. Anonymous posters who engage in trolling will be banned immediately. The determination as to what constitutes trolling in the Comments or on the Forum is at the discretion of NFTU staff.
- Upon the news being reported on the repose of any Traditional Orthodox hierarch the comments made must reflect a level of respect for the newly reposed. No jurisdictional comments, nor insinuations will be accepted for 40 days; any comments disregarding this rule will be deleted.
Defamation/Slander/Libel for the purposes of this site, is defined as: Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person. Including, accusing a person of a moral or criminal offense without that person having been convicted of such.